What information we collect when you order and why?
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. To effectively process your order, we will ask you to provide some personal information such as:
- full name
- contact numbers, and
- email address.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we can use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract - your personal information is processed to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. to send you your product catalogue or goods.
- Consent - where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your name and contact details.
- Legitimate Interests - this means the interests of Hayloft Plants Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way.
- Legal Obligation - where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we must share your information for law enforcement purposes
The length of time we retain your personal information is determined by the purpose for which we use the information will be used and the companies obligations under other laws. We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- We bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- In limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
You are entitled to request the following from HG Wholesale Ltd: these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website https://www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access - to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification - to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to restriction of processing - to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling - rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your information
Middleton Nurseries only share information for the following reasons:
- Delivery company- We share information with our delivery partners to ensure the right person receive the right parcel
- IT Companies- We work with business who support our website and other business systems.
- Payment processing- We also with trusted a website by the name of stripe to provider to secure payments